Alternative curriculum recognition
As part of our charter, we advise the Education Council on whether alternative curriculum frameworks meet the requirements of the national curriculum.
The information and downloads on this page:
- explain the process for the recognition of well-established curriculum frameworks as meeting the requirements of the Australian Curriculum
- assist organisations to prepare submissions to the ACARA Recognition Committee.
From 2023 the criteria for the assessment of a curriculum framework include that the specified version of the curriculum framework:
The timeline for processing submissions will be communicated to proponents/organisations at the time submissions are received.
How to apply for alternative curriculum recognition
Download information about the process of recognition and access templates to be used by proponents and organisations when seeking national recognition for:
- a curriculum framework, or
- learning areas/subjects to be added to an alternative curriculum framework listed on the Recognition Register.
Process of recognition document (PDF 474 kb) – for the recognition of curriculum frameworks.
For use by proponents seeking national recognition of a curriculum framework:
For use by organisations seeking recognition for learning areas/subjects for addition to a nationally recognised curriculum framework:
* Alice Springs (Mparntwe) Education Declaration, Education Council, 2019, p. 4