Australian Curriculum comparison studies released 18 July 2018
We have published three studies comparing the Australian Curriculum with the curricula of British Columbia, Finland and Singapore.
The three international comparative studies were produced as part of ACARA’s research program to consider international trends and developments in curriculum design.
British Columbia, Finland and Singapore are recognised internationally as high performing in education rankings and international assessments. An international comparative study with New Zealand will be published later this year.
Data updated on the National Report on Schooling data portal18 July 2018
ACARA’s interactive resource the National Report on Schooling data portal has been updated with new data on schools and schooling including:
- The addition of new data (calculated from the Australian Bureau of Statistics – Census of Population and Housing) on:
- student enrolment rates
- participation and attainment in education and work.
- A new time series view of student attendance measures.
- A new view to compare Indigenous and non-Indigenous apparent retention rates, and the publication of these data for 2017.
See the National Report on Schooling data portal.
Machine-readable content on the Australian Curriculum website16 July 2018
A new version of machine-readable content for the Australian Curriculum website is now available. This content can be downloaded from http://rdf.australiancurriculum.edu.au for the purposes of importing the Australian Curriculum into databases. Further technical information is available.
Technical information for machine-readable Australian Curriculum (MRAC) content
For those who have previously downloaded the MRAC information, a SPARQL endpoint will be available, along with JSON manifest files of the data.
The new data will start from version 2018/05.
There will be a few changes:
- Mode, year level mode and year level mode strands will no longer exist in the new data.
- An abstract predicate will only appear once per learning area.
- New elaborations going onward will not have elaboration codes attached.