Work with us
ACARA is made up of five business units. The two core business activities of Curriculum, and Assessment and Reporting are supported by Communications and Strategic Relations; Corporate Services; and the Office of the Chief Executive Officer (which includes the Board Secretariat).
View our employment opportunities
For information on how to apply for a position at ACARA, please see attached guide (PDF 426 kb). Indigenous Australians and non-Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply.
Who we are
We aim to be an employer of choice that attracts, motivates, retains and develops talented professionals. Our values reflect who we are: respectful and professional in the workplace and passionate about our work improving the education outcomes for young Australians. We work with integrity and collaborate with our partners and stakeholders around the country.
What we offer
Our employees enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- competitive remuneration and working conditions, including 10.50 per cent superannuation contribution, 70-hour fortnights, flexible hours of work and generous leave entitlements
- career development, annual performance and recognition program with performance-based pay increases and opportunity for progression
- access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – a free and confidential service for employees and eligible family members offering advice and counselling on work and personal issues
- flexible arrangements to achieve a healthy work/life balance
- a WHS program to support our productive and harmonious workplace including free annual influenza vaccinations to all employees
- modern offices in a convenient Sydney CBD location, easily accessible by public transport
- a fun and healthy working environment, with regular social events, social clubs and free fruit on Mondays.
Our conditions are detailed in the ACARA Enterprise Agreement 2012–2016 (PDF 3.9 mb) located on the Fair Work commission website.
Grow with ACARA
ACARA has developed a classification structure (PDF 72 kb) built around 11 career bands.
Refer to our Employment FAQs document (PDF 151 kb) for any questions you may have about employment at ACARA and our recruitment process.For more information about the position, or to get answers to any questions you may have, contact the Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org